Thursday, June 08, 2006

The Trials and Tribulations of Jason Grimsley

Jason Grimsley is the just-released (at his own request) Diamondbacks pitcher whose home was raided in an investigation for Human Growth Hormone. (He named names, although they are blacked out in the documents that people beyond a limited few have seen. It will be interesting to see which names surface---they will surface.)

The reason I am bringing this up is that Grimsley was involved many years ago in another well-known baseball incident. Back in the day, Albert Belle was caught using a corked bat and Jason Grimsley, then a member of the Indians, was the person who went Mission Impossible in everybody's butt and switched the bat with one of Paul Sorrento's.

I think I read Grmsley's account of this incident a few years back. The link I provided includes a link that I assume includes it.

No comments: