Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Gamer motivational posters

Courtesy Justin, here are some motivational posters for gamers.

Many of them are hilarious.

A couple that particularly resonate with me are this one, this one, this one, this one, this one (one actually does see occasional outliers at cons), this one, this one (though they should have used the Mystery Men), this one (go Sawtooth!), this one (one of my players played an extremely rabid id insinuating thri-kreen when I DMed second edition...), this one, this one, and (last but not least) this one.

The gazebo one is really cool too, of course, but Arcane Gazebo already posted that one.

Quick update: The links are actually correct. For some reason, they're only working for me if I load them into a separate tab and reload. I don't understand this at all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite that hasn't been mentioned is the Delicate Touch one. I thought the Owlbear one would be more of an Alaroc thing, since he took the favored enemy (and inspired the GM to create some raiders who used trained owlbear commandos). But Sawtooth did have that lovely cloak...

Bewbs and Careful, Don't Ruin It were also hilarious. And gotta love the Housecat. LOL really cracked me up for some reason.

Hmm, they're adding to the list - some of those were not there yesterday.

Mason said...

Ah, maybe it will be good to add a link to the sidebar at some point.

The owlbear one is actually cool on general principle, but the cloak is also key.

Anonymous said...

The reason the links don't work is most likely that the site is using a redirect to prevent people from posting the images on off-site pages. What tends to happen is that someone will use one of the images as a signature in a high-traffic forum and this uses massive amounts of bandwidth which has to be paid for by the poor sucker hosting the image. The solution is to redirect requests for images that list an off-site page as the referrer. I used to do this on inverse--even though I wasn't paying for bandwidth, my server was old enough that it couldn't handle huge amounts of traffic. (arcanegazebo.net should be set up to do the same, since I do pay for bandwidth there, but I haven't actually tested it yet.)