Saturday, September 30, 2006

Dodgers clinch playoff spot!

The Dodgers won today and clinched a spot in the playoffs! Woo-hoo! Let's try to win a playoff series this time. :) If we do, it would mark our first postseason series victory since 1988, when we won the World Series. Of course, this has had its upside---my research and coursework productivity during October has been higher than it otherwise would have been had the Dodgers gone far into the postseason. (In 1988, none of those things mattered, considering I was still in elementary school at the time.)

I would still rather have the Dodgers finish first in the NL West, so we'll see if that happens tomorrow...

Also, a little later, I'll blog about some conference stuff. I've been really busy and haven't been able to deal with e-mails as promptly as I'd like, and my reading of box scores has also been delayed longer than usual. :) Things like reading articles, responding to non-urgent e-mails, getting some work done, and blogging have been delayed even longer.

Stay tuned, because you're going to get to read about one of my more "awesome" moments, by which I mean some politically incorrect comments at dinner with an NSA person sitting next to me. (And my comments were both political and politically incorrect. Go me! My filters work really well.)

No comments: