Thursday, September 28, 2006

What happens in Rosemont stays in Rosemont

I know what you're thinking.

You thought I was going to Chicago and here I am writing about Rosemont. Well, I am flying to O'Hare for a conference on mentoring undergraduates, and the hotel where this occurs is a few minutes from the airport and is technically in Rosemont. Sadly, I am leaving much better weather back here in LA, although I should not need to wear more than one jacket at a time.

I have an early flight, so we'll see how much my 4.5 hours of sleep gets me. (I more or less feel like crap at the moment.) There are a few people at the conference I know, including a couple friends, so hopefully that will help me do a better job of meeting the others. (This is a small workshop.) I have already been advised that I one of them dinner or coffee from a previous conference, so that's already a good sign.

Unfortunately, I will be missing this week's ping pong class, but we all have to make sacrifices sometimes...

No comments: