Friday, September 15, 2006

When boyband alums attack

Courtesy Gazebo, here is a liveblog of Justin Timberlake's new album. In a misguided attempt to cure his writer's block, he has gone through a lot of pain for us all so I encourage you to read his commentary.

This also begs the question: What would it make sense for me to liveblog? I haven't done that yet---typically because I am paying close attention to whatever it is that I'm doing and don't want to take myself away from it---but this seems like an amusing experiment. (Of course, given my stream-of-consciousness style, there is a sense in which I do a sort of delayed live-blogging.)

I don't get writer's block, but I am drawing blanks on this. Right now, my main thoughts are along the lines of live-blogging the fact that I am getting my ass kicked by an angry frog in puyo puyo (that is, when I am not at work and sending e-mails while I am supposed to be working). There must be millions of better ideas out there. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Lemming said...

It woulda kicked ass if you'd liveblogged his liveblog.

Mason said...

You know, that would have been awesome. Sadly, work got in the way. (Not to mention the fact that this didn't occur to me.)

We'll have to do this for something else.

Maybe I'll come up with something to liveblog, blogger will be functional while I do it, and somebody else will liveblog me.

Anonymous said...

The liveblog was pretty funny. How is Justin Timberlake, a symbol of mainstream music, going to appeal to the indie kids anyway?

You should pick up an emulator and some ROM for a game you haven't played in 10 years or something. Then, liveblog it as you play it to finish =)

-Kris

Mason said...

Kris: Cleary, he is going to appeal to them by being FutureSexy. Have I taught you nothing?

That's a potentially viable solution, although I could make it 20 years. :)

Unfortunately (for most of those games), one doesn't finish them because one plays for high scores.