Friday, October 06, 2006

2006 Ig Nobel Prizes

The 2006 Ig Nobel ceremony has now taken place.

You can read the L. A. Times article here.

The 2006 prizes are listed here. The best one is the peace prize. I want one of those machines! The ones for mathematics, literature, and medicine were also awesome (or should I say "awesome"... ?).

Hey, the spaghetti article from that 2005 PRL netted an Ig Nobel for its authors! That's pretty cool too.


In ending this entry, I'd like to comment that Sir Michael Berry, an Ig Nobel laureate, also deserves a Nobel Prize. I think he should get it for his theoretical work on geometric phase (which is now having an increasingly large impact on experimental research), but I suppose one could spin it towards other aspects of his work. Get with the program, People!

No comments: