Thursday, May 31, 2007

Caltech press release for Legends III

Here is the official press release for Legends of Caltech III: Techer in the Dark.

I expect to get contacted by some local media at some point because at least the Pasadena newspapers should be interested in this. I have work to catch up on (new stuff that built up as well as old stuff that was already there) when I get back to campus, so hopefully that won't disrupt my researcg too much.

I'll blog more about the conference later. Among other things, I want to discuss the cannibalistic locusts. (Yes, there are cannibalistic herbivores.)

3 comments:

Zifnab said...

researcg! Yarg!

The guys at frisbee asked where you were today. I told em you were in Utah for a conference, but they didn't think that was a good excuse for missing the game. ;)

Mason said...

Actually, I would not have trusted it enough to play today. My knee was feeling better but then even walking from the hotel I'm in to one of the central lodges (a short walk, but a little bit steep) on Monday was enough to aggravate it. It felt better again on Tuesday but I'm still feeling occasional twinges. It might be partially psychosomatic.

We'll see if I feel comfortable enough with it to play frisbee next week. I definitely need to play ping pong, and my knew better be good enough to play a bit. (I think it can handle ping pong pretty easily.)

Zifnab said...

That does sound like it probably needs a bit more rest time then. I had a similar situation with my right knee/ankle just feeling a little off today, but after warming up and running a bit it wasn't a problem. Though I suppose I should wait til tomorrow before asserting that.