Friday, May 11, 2007

My book is out!

The printed copies of my book, Legends of Caltech III: Techer in the Dark (coauthored by Autumn Looijen '99) arrived on campus today.

We also have some web-only stories (and a submission form for new stories). We're still posting the final components of some of the stories, but they will be complete soon enough.

You can buy one online from the Caltech bookstore. If you're local, you can also go to the bookstore on Saturday May 19th from noon to 2:30 pm and get it autographed by Autumn and me. (Or, since I'm local, you can get me to autograph it at any other point as well.) The book has ISBN numbers, so it should be available on Amazon.com at some point.

It's listed today as a campus special.

Caltech should have a press release about the book in the near future and Autumn and I were contacted today by a contributing writer for Wired (which is now defunct) and Popular Science. He'll be discussing some of the book's contents in an upcoming Popular Science article. (I believe he found us via the magic of google. None of the public PR had started when he e-mailed us.)

By the way, if enough people buy the book, maybe we'll be able to screw with the Caltech Alumni Association's tax-exempt status...

3 comments:

Zifnab said...

Congrats! I'll look for a copy before the signing :)

Unknown said...

That is damn cool, boyee! Now I just need someone to induct me into the mystery cult that is Caltech. Our version of college silliness involved (involved? did I just use the past tense? I mean involves) wanton drinking, waxing rhapsodic on any subject regardless of propriety, riding croquet mallets like horses through Butler Library, beat night, bad poetry contests, wanton drinking, and pissing off the ISO. Did I mention wanton drinking?

Mason said...

Just stop by when you're in town and we'll induct you. It involves a ritual cleansing process.

By the way, given your positive memories of wanton drinking, you might want to consider membership in Page House.