Saturday, June 16, 2007

Pleasure e-mails

This week has been a busy week.

I set up several SURF students, worked on finishing up a paper (which we should submit very soon -- maybe as early as Monday), did some numerical runs for the archival version of the dimer chain paper (currently in progress, with an estimated submission time of mid July), engaged in some media sluttage, and sent tons of e-mails.

Between dealing with all this stuff, I think I sent more than 40 e-mails on at least three different days. However, very few of them were so-called pleasure e-mails, which is a meme I accidently started at dinner a few months ago. This, by the way, is what this post is really about. ("This is a song about Alice.")

Anyway, my nice little slip of the tongue (ugh... that could be interpreted multiple ways) became a bit of a meme in our crowd. I guess that's just the way things work.

No comments: