Monday, July 02, 2007

Allergies

I would just like to say that I am allergic to being fucked over.

The amount may be small in the grand scheme of things (in this case, about $90), but there is something about somebody or some company attempting to fuck me over that gets my blood boiling on sheer principle. (And I mean that my blood is boiling in the bad way, not the good way.) I'm pissed off and I recently read an excellent Harlan Ellison essay on how to deal with shit like this. But first, I'm going to stop by their place (assuming Charter Communications didn't also lie to me about the location of their Pasadena billing office, which I wouldn't put past them) to show them the credit card statement that verifies my claim.

If I lose some amount of money by my own stupidity or things just not working out, fine. But I will not stand for being fucked over in some arbitrary manner.

In sum: Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

And I'm really pissed off right now. (Of course, I'm the one suffering because it's my time that has been wasted and will be wasted at least a decent amount more. Sigh...) I won't stand for this.

No comments: