Monday, July 23, 2007

Minor league baseball coach dies after being hit by line drive

A minor league first base coach died after being hit by a line drive in a minor league game.

One reason I'm mentioning this is that Dodger broadcaster Vin Scully has been saying for decades that coaches should wear helmets and that it would take a tragedy like this for people to do something about it. I'm holding my breath and waiting for the usual comments of 'nobody could have predicted this.'

By the way, the coach was Mike Coolbaugh, who played briefly in the Majors. His brother Scott, who I unfortunately bought 100 rookie cards of when I thought he'd be a great player, bounced around the Majors for a few years.

In other news, I need sleep. I went to bed at 8pm last night, and the 5 hours of sleep followed by a few more hours of tossing and turning were not enough.

No comments: