Monday, July 23, 2007

There's a Rat in Mi Kitchen!

I really ought to go to bed because my body is shaking somewhat uncontrollably from sleep deprivation (and I skipped dinner tonight for something like the 5th night out of 6... I've just been feeling too tired at night to eat in recent days even though I feel hungry), but I'll start dealing with my movie review backlog. Well, it will actually be pretty simple. This movie, Ratatouille, gets an individual entry. One other one also might, but then I'm just going to lump them together.

Anyway, I saw Ratatouille on June 29th. It's a Pixar film, so of course it's very good. It's about a rat who works some miracles in a kitchen. Well, it's also about discovering oneself, rediscovering one's inner child, and not judging books (creatures) by their covers (species). The one major disappointment for me is that the credits were bland. And of course, the movie wasn't as good as The Incredibles. But that is a very high standard that I don't actually expect even of Pixar movies. At any rate, the film was extremely good and if you haven't already seen it, then shame on you!

By the way, points for anybody who knows the reference in the title without googling. (Hints available upon request.)

I need food. And sleep. I guess I'll have a fruit roll-up before I go to bed. (Sigh... I want to shift back to the correct time zone.)

2 comments:

jwadams said...

Hrm; I actually quite liked the credits. Definitely a fantastic movie, though.

Mason said...

The thing that disappointed me about the credits was that I was hoping for another one like what we saw in Cars. (John Ratzenberger was especially awesome there...)