Monday, August 13, 2007

I saw the signs (and they opened up my mind)

Last night, my life had one positive sign and another non-negative one. (By the way, I simply love how I'm using the word "sign" with positivity and non-negativity here... Sometimes it's really awesome how mathematical jargon mixes with the normal English usage of words.)

The (very!) positive sign was that I was finally feeling a strong urge to organize Legends of Caltech IV. I have been planning to write a rough outline for this. I intended to produce it when the third book came out, but I wasn't really in the mood to deal with it. In addition to that sudden urge, I was also in the mood to start contacting people to write or flesh out (depending on the story) the various stories Autumn and I know that we want to include in Legends IV. I didn't actually do any of these things last night, but the fact that I now want to start spending some time doing them is absolutely excellent news as far as my mental outlook on life is concerned. In particular, it means that the massive pain (in the ass) associated with producing Legends III is now starting to fade away to the extent that I am ready to start working on the next book now. I don't plan to dive into it completely yet, but I do want to get started. Autumn and I are definitely not going to start the clock for a while (we'll see where we are in a year), but right now I would say that the ETA is either May 2010 or May 2011 (depending on how strenuously we end up working on it).

The non-negative sign is that I played some Zelda: Twilight Princess last night. I haven't been playing that game or Super Paper Mario very much even though I would like to (because I've been doing other things). I made some nice progress on the 4th dungeon in Zelda last night. (Yes, I am only on the 4th dungeon even though I bought the game in March. I have twice gone more than a month without touching the game. This is certainly not my usual practice when it comes to Zelda games.)

By the way, please excuse the Ace of Base...

No comments: