Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Today's fortunes (and a bit of ranting)

Today has been one of those really hectic days that just stress me out. I have sent more than forty e-mails today, and nearly all of them have been work-related (with nary a pleasure e-mail to be found...). When this happens, it typically means that (1) I've been working very hard that day and (2) it probably didn't involve much time spent on the stuff I had been planning to do. Hence, at the end of such days, I typically either have progressed very little, not progressed at all, or fallen farther behind --- all while working the entire time rather than goofing off. Add to that the fact that I had over two hours' worth of meetings today and would have had more had I not gotten stood up for another meeting (which has now been rescheduled for tomorrow, so that I now have five meetings scheduled for this oh-so-wonderful of weekdays...) and it's made for a very stressful day. I also have more work I'm going to do tonight in order to keep afloat. I also worked for several hours last night. Work spikes are fun.

Oh, and there is a rant based on one of today's things that I will give in a forthcoming blog entry. I won't write that one tonight, however, because it might take a little while and I hope to spend some time either playing games or reading for pleasure.

Long preamble aside, here are (in order) the fortunes I got today:

"Draw up a budget and figure out how to cut down your debt." (Hell yeah! I'm goin' pimpin'!)

"Today is an ideal time to water your personal garden." (OK, that's just gross.)

"Soothing your body is the name of the game today." (How? By turning Japanese? Or perhaps dancing with myself?)

No comments: