Thursday, November 01, 2007

Joe Torre is now the Dodger manager.

Well, here's a big surprise: Joe Torre is the new Dodger manager.

This wasn't exactly a well-kept secret...

I think Torre is an excellent choice as skipper and while I think there were good reasons to let Grady Little go (no, he wasn't technically fired, but he was seriously pushed out the door and he was going to be fired if he didn't resign), especially the fact that he completely lost his clubhouse, the manner in which this was handled lacked class. Frankly, I would like my team to handle things in a more appropriate manner. They should have leveled with Grady Little (just like they should have leveled with former broadcaster Ross Porter -- no relation).

Circumstances notwithstanding, I am extremely pleased to have Joe Torre as our new manager.

No comments: