Monday, December 03, 2007

2008 Sigma Xi Young Investigator Award

Please excuse the narcissism, but this deserves a blog entry.

I got an e-mail today informing me that I won this award, which is for people within 10 years of their highest degree. In even years, all members of Sigma Xi (an engineering honor society) in the areas of engineering and physical sciences (including mathematics) were eligible. I'll be giving a lecture at their annual conference in Washington DC in November 2008, so mark your calendars. (Yes, my talk will likely include both random walker rankings and Congressional communities.) Press releases are forthcoming...

Update: Here is a link to the news item from Oxford's Mathematical Institute.

3 comments:

Travis said...

Congratulations!

NONE said...

Wow, Congrats!

Mason said...

Thanks!

IP: Though I can't figure it out from your profile, I suspect that you may be somebody I know.

Travis: Will your thesis-writing let you drop down in LA while I'm around?