Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Worst projected Major League regulars

Courtesy Rob Neyer's blog, here is Dayn Perry's list of 2008's worst projected Major League Baseball regulars.

The left fielder is none other than Juan Pierre, though I beg to differ with his assertion that "As long as Pierre's in center field, he is mediocre enough to tolerate." I call bullshit! If he were in center field, I think he'd be the worst player at that position too!

If the Dodgers are smart, we'll just eat Pierre's contract and let both Matt Kemp and Andre Ethier play every day in the outfield. That would improve the defense slightly and improve the offense considerably!

I am heartened, however, that three of the four infielders projected to be the worst at their position are geriatric Giants. That is a team in serious decline, which makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. (Now I just need to be able to say that accurately about the Yankees as well...)

No comments: