Friday, March 28, 2008

Cause for optimism?

Rob Neyer made the following comment in his blog today: I was in Anaheim last night, where Orange County hosted Los Angeles. I might have seen the end of Juan Pierre's career. He's been complaining about not getting enough at-bats this spring, while getting more at-bats than every Dodger but one (James Loney). Last night he led off for the Dodgers. He played all 10 innings, went 0 for 5, and left six runners on base in the 2-2 tie. He's now batting .179 over 78 at-bats.

Please, please, pretty please: Say it's so!

I saw Pierre's performance in the box score, but of course games like last night are now making me feel the time zone gap. Evening west coast games like that will always start too late for me to watch live. Last night's game started a few minutes after 2:00 am local time and tonight's game will start after 2:45 am local time. I'll be able to watch lots of baseball on the web, but the time zone is going to make me miss a lot of Dodger games (and I greatly prefer watching them live rather than recordings later on). I knew that would be the case when I made my decision to come here (and I made my peace with that without an issue), but that doesn't mean I can't wish it weren't the case. :)

No comments: