Monday, April 28, 2008

Some classic baseball tirades

I was reminiscing about some classic baseball tirades (especially several courtesy of former Dodger manager Tommy Lasorda), so I went to YouTube to find links to some of them.

For your listening pleasured, here is an audio medley of Lasorda going berzerk. There are a few classics missing, but his opinion of Kingman's performance and his comments about Kurt Bevacqua (and a few other famous clips) are all there. The pictures that accompany the medley are occasionally apropos.

Here is also a famous tirade by Lee Elia that starts in the middle, but has the best parts. For a complete description of this tired (and the unbleeped text) see the first book by Jay Johnstone (a former baseball player). This book had some problems with censorship because it included this...

I also tried to find a video of the famous battle of Carlos Perez versus the dugout watercooler on YouTube, but I wasn't successful. I remember seeing this live, and this is one is a beauty. If any of you ever find it posted online, please send me the link.

Update (4/29/08): Today is actually the 25th anniversary of Elia's tirade. This anniversary hadn't registered when I wrote this blog entry.

No comments: