Monday, August 25, 2008

Grrr.... I'm annoyed

In addition to my general grumpiness from being exhausted (I took a red-eye flight from Montreal), I seem to have misplaced about 100 pounds worth of bills that I had with me. They must have fallen out of my wallet at some point. I hope that whoever picked them up is a poor person who can really use them. This could have happened as much as a week ago, but I only just noticed upon my return (as I had been using Canadian currency for the last week). Basically, this is not enough to affect my life in any way, but it is enough to annoy me.

I'm writing this entry because I needed a small rant. It's my own fault because whether it was technically lost or stolen, it was absolutely carelessness on my part. Maybe I should pretend this was caused by a previously-unheard-of form of Canadian taxation?

Se la vie. If this is the worst thing that happens to me in the next (say) year, then I think I'm in pretty good shape. Must...put...this...in...perspective.

2 comments:

Lemming said...

Wow, British money sure is heavy! And what ever happened to metric?

Mason said...

I do wonder if I lost it while I was still in the UK or if some Canadian (or Dutchman, given that my layover was in Amsterdam) rushed off to the bank to exchange the currency.

They only use the metric system when it's convenient. :)

Also, the money actually is heavier because the lowest bills are 5 pound notes, so it is more important to carry a bunch of heavy coins around (which I don't like).