Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Pictures from Netsci 2008

The NetSci conference organizers have just posted some pictures.

There are 106 of them, so let me draw a few particular ones to your attention.

In pictures 4 and (especially!) 5, you can tell just how closely I was paying attention to things by the final talk of the conference. (I think that picture 5 may well help contribute to my burgeoning legend...) This was a panel session that could have been useful--the moderator was asking good questions--but the panelists just showed hokey prepared slides instead of saying anything useful. I left before that session ended because it was a waste of time. If you can, try to find me in picture 82. (I am all the way on your left, somewhere the camera didn't reach.) Can you identify the mafioso in picture 81? (Seriously, who the fuck is this guy? I was never able to figure it out during the entire conference.) Also, picture 60 shows the trivial solution.

I need to figure out who took pictures 4 and 5. Vengeance will be mine!

No comments: