Friday, May 15, 2009

What happens in Snowbird stays in Snowbird

My friends just left, and I feel much more decompressed after having had the chance to hang out with them. Tomorrow morning, I am heading to Heathrow to fly to the Snowbird dynamical systems conference (that's not the official title), which is my favorite conference. I'll be bloody exhausted when I get there and I am pretty tired now, but that's alright. In addition to all the great talks, I'll see several collaborators and also some old friends that I haven't seen in a while. (That's one of the best parts about conferences, actually. It's nice to see old friends.)

Postscript (5/16/09): Wow, I just realized that if one reads the above paragraph quickly, then "decompressed" might come out as "depressed" and give entirely the wrong meaning as a result. English language, oh how I love thee. (Granted, 'more decompressed' isn't exactly textbook English...)

No comments: