Sunday, August 14, 2011

Adventures in the Montreal Airport

Here are some things that happened after my arrival in the Montreal airport.

1. I got a bit confused when I tried to dry my hands in the bathroom. A condom dispenser was where a hand dryer should be, so I held my hands and waited expectantly for about 20 or 30 seconds before realizing that the dryer was the object next to the dispenser. (It's kind of like the Mr. Coffee and Mr. Radar scene in Spaceballs.) Sometimes I wonder how I got this far in life.


2. I was in line at customs when I overheard the following conversation:

Teenage or college-age guy: Physics is everything, and everything is physics.

Young girl (maybe 13 years old): I thought everything is math.

(Comment: I approve!)


3. The Canadians gave me a bit of a hard time after I got through customs and I was trying to leave. First, a security guy bugged me while I was trying to get my luggage and asked to see my passport and my entry card, and he asked me to explain myself. (This lasted a few minutes and was a much more significant grilling than what I got from the customs officer.) Then I got asked stuff a third time when I tried to turn in my entry card and leave. What the Hell, people? I'm here to do math!

No comments: